Doctor on Call 24/7
20094 Kenwood Trail West
Lakeville, MN 55044
Monday - Thursday:
8:30am - 7:00pm
8:30am - 5:30pm
8:00am - 12:00pm
McDonald Eye Care Associates is a participating provider for many medical insurance plans including:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS)
- Health Partners
- Patient Choice
- Select Care
- United Health Care (UHC)
- Workman’s Compensation.
Vision Service Plan (VSP) is the only Vision Plan we are providers for.
**Although we are providers for the above listed insurance companies, please verify with your specific insurance or Human Resource department to be sure how they cover your vision care.**
There are two types of insurance that will help pay for your eye health services and products. You may have both types and McDonald Eye Care Associates accepts Vision Service Plan (Vision Plan) and most major medical insurance companies (listed above).
- Vision Plans cover ONLY routine vision wellness exams and may include eyeglasses, sunglasses and/or contact lenses. Vision plans do NOT provide for MEDICAL eye health care need.
- Medical insurance MUST be submitted for any medical eye health care diagnoses and treatment care and follow up.
- IF you have both VSP benefits and medical insurance plans, it may be necessary for us to submit and bill some services to one plan provider and some services to the other plan provider. We will follow a procedure called "Coordination of Benefits" to do this properly and to maximize your best advantage and least cost to you.
- Where some fees for services and products are not paid by your vision plan or medical insurance providers, you will be responsible for them, including deductibles, co-payments and non-provider services as specified by the insurance contract.
Please provide BOTH your vision plan provider and medical insurance card(s) and identification, for your benefit, to our team member so we can make a copy. We will nee your medical insurance or Medicare card on file in case we should need i in the future for submitting a claim on you behalf to your insurance.
We offer a pay at the time of service discount on our routine eye exam fees for those who choose not to file with an insurance company.
Please review our Appointment Prep Tab prior to your visit.
It provides important insurance information and documents to fill out before your appointment.
Fill out your Health History ONLINE before your Appointment*
*PLEASE bring your CONFIRMATION NUMBER with you!